Thread: Posting Photos and Links

Bookmark and Share

Default Posting Photos and Links

Here are some tips on posting links and pictures.

Once you are in the message window:

To post an image, select the icon .

To post a link, select the icon .

I hope this helps.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve; 10-12-2007 at 10:14.
    Steve

K9PNW | Exploring the Pacific Northwest in my 1992 Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser

Pacific Northwest Backroad Adventures - Pacific Northwest Outdoor Adventure Forums

Steve G. Bisig Photography
    - Pacific Northwest Photography: Nature, Landscapes, Rural, Urban

Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips!!

Let's see if this will work here. I did a sticky on the M715 Zone that takes one through the process. If Steve or whomever would like to move it, please feel free. But I'll put it here for now:

1. Set yourself up a free account on Photobucket by following the instructions for doing so on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket.

2. Okay.... You know where the pics are in your computer. Like in "My Pictures" or wherever.

3. With that in mind, go to: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

4. With your account set up (my Photobucket username is "Timulator"), when the page opens, it will look like something like this:

5. Click on the "Upload" box.

6. Then open the "Reduce to:" drop-down menu and change the picture size to "640x480 Large" as I also show in the example below:

7. Next click that big blue "Choose files" button. A File Upload window will open up showing you thumbnails of the files in your computer. Find the picture you want to upload. When you find it, click once on the picture, just to highlight it (or hold Ctrl and click on several that you want to upload all at once), then click the "Open" button in that window. When you click "Open," Photobucket will automatically upload all those pictures, reducing them to the size you indicated, then display them as thumbnails below.

8. After Photobucket does its thing, your screen will look something like this:

9. You'll see a thumbnail of the pic you uploaded, in this example it's the Photobucket screenshot I just uploaded. Just below the thumbnail you'll find "IMG Code" with the code in a box to the right. Click once on the code in that box and it will be highlighted in blue. It will also automatically copy the code for you! Here's what it will look like:

10. Next open the message box on the Zone where you would like to post the picture. You may type text in the box as you normally do to post on the Zone. When you are ready to insert the picture into the post, simply put the cursor where you want the picture to appear and paste it there by pressing the "Ctrl" and "V" keys on your keyboard at the same time. You may then continue writing text below the picture as well by typing below the pasted link.

11. Here's an example of including text with the picture of someone's tan truck. What I am writing here will appear above the truck. And here's that tan truck:

12. Now the text I am typing below that link will appear below the picture of the truck.

13. And here is a screen shot of how that message box looked as I typed that text above and below the picture of the truck:

14. A few points to keep in mind.... Image hosting websites can be very slow, but be patient and success will be yours! Also, watch the file size of the picture you are posting. Huge files and will take a very long time to upload. I try to keep pics at around the 50kb size.

15. If any of you who have never posted pics before give these instructions a try and find something about them confusing, please send me a PM and I will try to clarify to make it easier for the next guy. My goal has been to make this as clear and complete, yet as simple, as possible. Any suggestions toward reaching that goal will be most welcome.

Happy pic-posting!
    -- Tim Taylor
    Port Orchard, Wash.

Thread Information