Thread: Trout Creek/Oregon Canyon Mtns - Trout Creek road

Bookmark and Share

Default Trout Creek/Oregon Canyon Mtns - Trout Creek road

Last weekend I was driving east to west across the TC/Oregon Canyon mountains (BEST back road drive in Oregon).

At the Chicken Springs intersection with the Trout Creek road coming up from the White Horse hwy., I realized that
    the Trout Creek road continued south. I did not have time to explore to the south but maps I have researched suggests
    that the TC road continues down the cliffs and meets up with the Disaster Peak road and on into McDermitt.

Has anyone driven this section or have any information on it.

Thanks

Toy Man

Thats what my TOPO map shows. I have never been down there to explore though, so I am unfamiliar with the route.
    Maybe sometime soon as i have fixed my Montero up a bit since getting it. Always looking for new fun places/back road trails.

JP

Thats what my TOPO map shows. JP

Any chance that is the National Geographic TOPO program?

I use a bunch of different ones. Yeah one is the Nat Geo one, and one is the Oregon Topo map. But my favorite is Motion X-GPS app. I have it on my iPhone and it rocks! I can access any of them with it and so many more features with it.
    My second favorite app is GPS KIT I also have that on my iPhone. Both of the programs work both online and offline and with or without signal. You can also download areas ahead of time.
    I really recommend them. I think they both cost but I dont remember i think it was under 10$
    I know that they work for a lot of smart phones and tablets so its not just iPhone limited.

http://gps.motionx.com/

http://gpskit.garafa.com/gps_kit/overview.html

JP
    Last edited by jp1985; 07-30-2017 at 03:22.

Thread Information