Thread: HAPPY NEW YEARS

Bookmark and Share

Default HAPPY NEW YEARS

Just wanted to pop in and tell all HAPPY NEW YEARS! I am seeing a trend in here that disappoints me some. We used to love running with this group in past times. We used to go on day trips and a few overnight runs. It was great taking off road drives and getting to see new country. I know I am as much to blame as anyone is. I used to sponsor and lead a few runs too. Lets try and get back to where we once were and make this a very active fun site! I know we have lost a few that aren't able to do as much, but plenty of us can still organize and lead. SO, lets get going and make this a fun board! Chime in and bounce some ideas around.
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you guys! You bring up a good subject regarding the slow evolution of indifference to exploring PNW backroads. I don't have "THE" answer, but I expect many of us are just waiting for someone to organize an event. And based on past experience it doesn't have to be a 4x4 event or even a dirt road puddle splasher. Not that we would want to do these trips in the summer months, but in the past we have done a covered bridge tour in the Willamette Valley, six islands in six hours in south Puget Sound, a quilt run "Shop Hop" on the Oregon coast, roamed backroads in the Kittitas Valley, explored the foothills east of Carnation and Duvall, explored the valley and took three river ferries in Oregon, toured Tacoma's waterfront including residential neighborhoods, parks and downtown, had a guided tour of Anderson Island, visited a wind generation farm south of Tri Cities. There are a bunch of others, but it goes to show that there is always something to do no matter the season. And low elevation logging roads turn into slick, fun filled stuck fests in the snow where everyone takes a turn at being the puller and pullee. And of course there are lunch stops!
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Quote Originally Posted by backwoods3 View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and tell all HAPPY NEW YEARS! I am seeing a trend in here that disappoints me some. We used to love running with this group in past times. We used to go on day trips and a few overnight runs. It was great taking off road drives and getting to see new country. I know I am as much to blame as anyone is. I used to sponsor and lead a few runs too. Lets try and get back to where we once were and make this a very active fun site! I know we have lost a few that aren't able to do as much, but plenty of us can still organize and lead. SO, lets get going and make this a fun board! Chime in and bounce some ideas around.
    A little belated, OK a lot belated, but HAPPY NEW YEARS! I definitely would like to see more group outings. I think we are all fairly busy, but just getting out for a day trip would be great. I would be willing to setup some sort of a day run or possibly an overnight this summer. I am taking classes at UW and still working full time so summer is the soonest that I can really commit to anything (weekends are homework time). I don't know how many people are in my area, but just a day run over Greens Pass to Little Bald Mt. would be fun. There is a lot of area over by Leavenworth and Entiat to explore also. It would be fun to run over there for the weekend sometime.
    Eric, KG7SEJ
    I have never been lost, but I was bewildered once for three days. -Daniel Boone

Sounds good to me. Thanks, Eric! Maybe I can put a day trip together around Ellensburg, like in the Wenas, LT Murray, Colockum, Quilomene or Whiskey Dick areas. Has to be after May as the state roads are closed until then.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Thread Information