Thread: Help help me TOY MAN

Bookmark and Share

Default Help help me TOY MAN

We have a google chrome book. I like it because it has no moving parts which is good in the jeep! I am wondering if there is any way to have it set up to use as a live GPS receiver. Maybe a GPS antenna and a proper app? Also will it work if we set up her smart phone, so it can be used as a hot spot. It would be nice to have a nice big screen on the chrome book to use as our GPS. Our trip to eastern Washington to check out ghost towns and gold mines would be nice to be able to use internet. Any help or ideas would be great. I know you are the electronic toy guru! lol
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

Quote Originally Posted by backwoods3 View Post
    We have a google chrome book. I like it because it has no moving parts which is good in the jeep! I am wondering if there is any way to have it set up to use as a live GPS receiver. Maybe a GPS antenna and a proper app? Also will it work if we set up her smart phone, so it can be used as a hot spot. It would be nice to have a nice big screen on the chrome book to use as our GPS. Our trip to eastern Washington to check out ghost towns and gold mines would be nice to be able to use internet. Any help or ideas would be great. I know you are the electronic toy guru! lol
    I have only played with a Chrome Book. No in depth knowledge.

But I would recommend the BackCountry Navigator Google app as a starting point.

I just Googled Chromebook GPS and found this interesting link:
    http://www.cleansoft.lv/use-android-gps-on-chromebook/

Toy Man

Thread Information