Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to an old friend

Bookmark and Share

Default Goodbye to an old friend

We sold the Bronco II yesterday and I have mixed emotions about it. I realize that I can no longer use it to it's potential, but we have had so much fun with it over the years that it's like losing a good friend. Speaking of friends, that happens to be who we sold it to, friends of ours here in town. I know, I know, they say you should not do business with friends or relatives, but since virtually everything in the BII has been rebuilt or replaced I feel confident that both of us will keep our friendship intact. Besides, maybe I can get a ride once-in-a-while.

Having sold the Wrangler a couple of months earlier that leaves us with the '02 Ford F-150 with only 48K miles on the clock. It should take us down the road a few more times if we can afford the gas. Might be time to remove the Flip-Pac camper and Tire Gate swing-away carrier and return the truck to utility status.
    Last edited by Jerry; 10-31-2015 at 08:26.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Potentially interested in the flip Pac of you ever sell it

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Okay, Aaron. We have talked about it and will probably make up our minds this winter if you are still interested then. I don't have a price and don't even know if it will happen. Certainly it would work best for us to sell the truck and Flip Pac as a package, but I can't say what we will do right now. I still have thoughts about using the camper, but when I face reality I have to admit that chances of that are slim. If/when we decide to sell I will send you a PM before we advertise it anywhere.

In the meantime you might check to see if it will fit on your truck. Ours is an 02 Ford F150 Extended Cab with a short-wide box. I think the box measures 6.5' long. We also have some built-in's including a single bed, storage compartments and stairs to the double bed on top. Might be interested in taking a regular canopy on trade, depending on style.
    Jerry
    K7PNW

Sounds good! I'll look into bed dimensions and see... It just rests on the bed rails like a regular canopy right?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZR2 View Post
    Sounds good! I'll look into bed dimensions and see... It just rests on the bed rails like a regular canopy right?

That is correct. If the dimensions are the same between your pickup bed and ours the next thing to consider is the slope of the cab at the rear window. We can always call Flip Pac and see what they say about interchangeability.
    Jerry
    K7PNW

I've got an email into Flippac. Looks like they only make two models. A full-size and a mid size. We'll see what they say...

When I bought mine they asked for specific measurements as well as year, make and model info.
    Jerry
    K7PNW

Finally heard back from flip Pac. Apparently my bed is 2" shorter and it won't fit. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZR2 View Post
    Finally heard back from flip Pac. Apparently my bed is 2" shorter and it won't fit. Damn.

Well, Aaron, we can't say you didn't try! Thanks for checking it out. Sure wouldn't want to go to the trouble of removal, transport and attempt the installation only to find out it wouldn't work. Evelyn and I have been talking about it and at this time we are still not sure whether we want to keep it or not. If we sold it I would have to find a replacement canopy and most of them are actually heavier than the Flip Pac. Anyway, thanks for your interest my friend.
    Jerry
    K7PNW

Howdy Jerry!!!!! Mark here. Long time no chat! ill try n find your phone this weekend n give a shout, If you can find mine give me a ring. Lots under the bridge since last chat. still have green heep here. did lower Idaho pan handle last june. Plan next summer to do back roads from Winthrop to Natchees n over trail to Auburn n home. Week maybe.
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

Thread Information