Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do you camp and overland?

Bookmark and Share

Thumbs up

I too feel like Jerry said! Always wondered where that road went. But its far more than that for us, me at least. My first wife did not like to camp at all let alone bounce around on bumpy old roads! lol My wife now had an ex who never did anything out of reach of a beer or a bong! Its US time. Its seeing the GOD created natural beauty. We love to go over that next hill, go around that next bend etc. We are also naive amateur localized history buffs. We love to lay in our hammocks or on our cots and watch the stars, see the sun set and rise in the morning. We cant stand camping around a bunch of radio blaring loud drinking people who only see camping as a way to get out and party. We enjoy just going "that way" and if we find a nice place, spending the night. The jeep pretty much is always ready to hit the trail as are we! If our paths should ever meet out in the wild, we are the young at heart, old couple with the big smiles and the dirty green jeep!
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

WOW!!! In colville this morning, labor day. We sure are having a gr8 time! Finding out where LOTS of roads go! Seeing many many old relics and finding several old ghost towns. today is a run up through Ione, metaline falls then up to the state part to see the mineral caves. Tomorrow is marcus, northport old historic cemeteries etc. Wed is republic area. Thurs and fri is upper okanagan valley ghost towns, molson, chesaw etc then home sat through Conconelly, Ruby then home over hwy 20.
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

Sounds like fun. I love that country from the Okanogan east to about 50 miles south of the Canadian border. North of the border is beautiful as well, but too much of a hassle to cross with a dog.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Thread Information