Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Tacoma area!

Bookmark and Share

Default Hello from the Tacoma area!

Hey guys! Just found out about this place. Excited to get to know all of you.
    I drive a 2001 Chevy S10 ZR2. I'll post some pictures of my rig once I work out hosting.

Hi, Aaron, welcome to the forum!
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Default Re: Hello from the Tacoma area!

Thanks Jerry!

Just switched to tapatalk on my tablet which solved my image hosting. Brace for pictures...

My Z on top of Chumstick Mountain while on WABDR.

Above wilkeson

Interior:

Fairly stock. Minimal engine mods. Stock suspension. Fabtech prerunner bar in front with a pair of Hella 500s and a pair of Pilot Navigator lights. Pro Comp rear facing light mounted to shell. Shell is a bit on the ugly side but was only $29 on Craigslist and makes sleeping arrangements easy.
    Inside navigation is handled by my transformer prime tablet running OruxMaps and downloaded Topo maps of area. CB radio for trail comm. Vertex VX150 2m handheld wired to a 1/2 wave truck mounted antenna for emergency /long range comm.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Cool. Great backroads rig! Hey, Aaron, let's get your ham call sign added to the list under the Communications heading!
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Welcome Aaron! Love the big screen TV! beats my little 3"x4" screen gps.

Rupe
    '07 Jeep JK
    Coordinator for the Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.org
    Wheelersforthewounded.com
    Handgunhunt.com
    If you don't like Logging, then try using plastic toilet paper!
    <><

Thanks! The 10"screen is nice for a quick glance while bouncing down the trail. A dedicated GPS unit would be easier, but I'm rather chea...frugal... and didn't want to shell out for an additional device that I didn't really need.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZR2 View Post
    Thanks! The 10"screen is nice for a quick glance while bouncing down the trail. A dedicated GPS unit would be easier, but I'm rather chea...frugal... and didn't want to shell out for an additional device that I didn't really need.

I would like to get a Garmin gps with the 7.5" screen (I think thats the size) That would perfect for these old eyes.
    But the one I have is a NUVI 500 and it work really well. It's about 5 years old and need to be updated but it does what I need it to do, so I'm good. For now anyways. :-)
    Also Aaron it short notice but you might check out the Annual Christmas Valley campout and trail ride in the up coming events. It s a week from today.
    Rupe
    '07 Jeep JK
    Handgunhunt.com
    <><

Thanks for the invite. Wish I could make it. Truck had a hiccup last week and we're a bit short on dollars as a result :-\

Yes just trying to keep fuel in a vehicle now days is a killer for a lot of folks including me. At $4. per gal. it's keeping us from exploring like we used to. Getting only 16 or so mpg in our Jeep doesn't let us go ery far. The 7th Annual Christmas Valley off road campout and trail ride will be the last full weekend next June 2015. If you start saving all your pocket change now you might have enough to come next year If gas doesn't go any higher.
    Rupe
    '07 Jeep JK
    Handgunhunt.com
    <><

Uh Rupe:

Aaron it short notice but you might check out the Annual Christmas Valley campout and trail ride in the up coming events. It s a week from today.
    Did the date change??

I thought it was the last full weekend in JUNE which on my calendar is TWO weeks from today. June 28th and 29th.

Dick

Thread Information