Thread: Greetings from B'ham

Bookmark and Share

Default Greetings from B'ham

My husband and I are both natives of Bellingham. We love to explore backroads although it has become more restrictive lately. Our F250 4x4 plus Hallmark Ute camper gets us to many places where we can pursue photography and rock hounding. We are newly retired so are able to travel any time. 2014 plans are March/April: Eastern Oregon/Northwestern /Death Valley; May/June: Eastern Oregon/Western Nevada/Southern Utah/Northern Arizona/Northeastern New Mexico and September/October: Yellowstone/Western Wyoming/Southern Idaho/Eastern Oregon. Hope to see you our there.

Photos are clikrf8 images photography by judy tilley where you can see my landscapes and concerts photography.

Welcome. Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Definitely looking forward to trip reports and photography.

A very ambitious scheduled.

What will you do for an encore?

Toy Man

PS: Southern Utah will keep you occupied for a number of years. The more you see the more there is to see.

Welcome to the forum!
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Welcome aboard, I lived in B'ham for about 10 years back in the 80's. If you find yourself in Christmas Valley, Or. stop in for coffee.
    Rupe
    '07 Jeep JK
    Coordinator for the Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.org
    Wheelersforthewounded.com
    Handgunhunt.com
    If you don't like Logging, then try using plastic toilet paper!
    <><

Thank-you all for the welcome.

Toy Man: Yes, Southern Utah/Northern Arizona have much to offer. So many roads to travel, it is a challenge to decide where. Lately, we have been going to the lesser traveled areas as crowds can be annoying (if you have a tripod out with a "big" camera/lens, people assume you are a pro and want you to take their photos, persistently so). Nevada is becoming our favorite state in addition to Eastern Oregon due to hidden photography worthy locations if you just travel beyond the paved highway. Especially in Nevada, the sage/rabbit brush deserts and bland hills/mountains can be hiding treasures. Lunar Crater, NV was one such discovery.

Rupe: we liked Christmas Valley when we were there last April. We got lost looking for Crack in the Ground as we came in from the west. A really nice rancher (has a BIG ranch that a road is named after just east of Fort Rock) helped us find our way as he was moving stock tanks around for when he brought his cattle onto his BLM leased grazing allotments. We also traveled through the Lost Forest and the Dunes and followed the really gnarly forest road out to another forest road that eventually tied in with Christmas Valley Highway. Great area for photography. Very few people which is fine with us. Quite a change form B'ham to move to Christmas Valley.

Bellingham is getting too full of the "entitled" and is too crowded for us at times. Anywhere north of Alabama is too far north for us.
    Last edited by clikrf8; 12-04-2013 at 17:31. Reason: added a footnote

You drove.just a mile North of our place when you were on lost forest road just before you get onto the BLM part of lost forest eoad.
    Yes the road gets a bit rough in spots.:-)
    I heard B'ham got pretty big after I moved back down to Oregon in 1986.
    '07 Jeep JK
    Coordinator for the Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.org
    Wheelersforthewounded.com
    Handgunhunt.com
    If you don't like Logging, then try using plastic toilet paper!
    <><

Thread Information