Thread: Dash cam

Bookmark and Share

Default Dash cam

While I was at Iron Point in SE Oregon Saturday (trip report 'sometime') I saw two 3/4 curl big horn sheep run across the road. And of course they were gone before I could do much more than stop to look. So - a dash cam has moved to the top of my 'Toy List'. Any experience with these things? I am looking at the Cowan AC1. Dick - Toy Man

I have a mount for my GoPro on my dash. I have a habit of leaving it running. and stop it if something happens (so I know that the end of the clip is something good)
    If I was really cool, I'd post dashcam video of big horns from the Dug Bar trip in 2011 but that's on a different computer.
    -Ryan Mishler
    If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view

I purchased the Cowon AC1 and Rupe's Christmas Valley trip was the first trial of it.

I like it but would purchase the fancier Cowon AW 1 if I was doing it over.

I have it setup to run continuously when the ignition is on. It overwrites older files.

It also has a feature where you can push a big button on the end and it will save the 15 seconds prior to the button push and 15 seconds after. GREAT feature.
    These capture files are saved and not overwritten until you take the chip out of the camera and copy/delete them via your computer.

Still learning a lot about video. Hope have something for you to view 'soon'.

Dick - Toy Man

Thread Information