Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: List of Hams on the Forum

Bookmark and Share

That a way, Eric! That waiting business was sort of suspenseful, wasn't it?

Kilo Golf Seven Sierra Echo Juliet. Sounds good.

You are on the list, Eric. And other new hams along with a couple of changes of call signs are among the new updates.

Please refer to the first post of this thread for a roster of Amateur Radio Operators who frequent this forum. If you are a licensed operator and would like your call sign suffix and first name (or nickname) on the list, please PM me with your call sign or post it here and I will gladly add you to the list.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That a way, Eric! That waiting business was sort of suspenseful, wasn't it?

Kilo Golf Seven Sierra Echo Juliet. Sounds good.
    I don't think it's to bad either. I was thinking of applying for a vanity call sign, but I think I'll keep this one. ES are my initials (even though they are backwards) and J is the initial of my daughter.

And yes it was a little suspenseful. I though going in for the test was bad, but I think the waiting was almost worse.
    Eric, KG7SEJ
    I have never been lost, but I was bewildered once for three days. -Daniel Boone

How often do you find yourself out of cell phone range when traveling backroads? Ever wonder how you would contact someone in case of an emergency? What sort of backroad emergencies can you imagine (ie: heart attack, broken leg, collision/accident, drive off the road, break down, etc.)? Those are the reasons many of us have ham radio capability. Check out the first post of this thread for a list of forum members who, for those very reasons, became licensed radio operators and now carry a Ham Radio on the backroads.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-18-2015 at 13:28. Reason: Clarity
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

If it's dirt under my tires, it's a foregone conclusion I don't have cell service. The repeater book app is a great resource for finding repeaters in your vicinity. The database is stored locally so no cellular communication is needed. But your post got me thinking I should keep a hardcopy list in my rig just in case.
    Medical emergencies and vehicle failure are the two main reasons I have mine. A handheld is also with me for all hiking trips in case of medical emergency or some other circumstance necessitates rescue.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Thread Information