Thread: Hunting and Fishing

Bookmark and Share

Default Hunting and Fishing

I never see posts about hunting or fishing. Is anyone interested? Especially fishing? Where do you hunt or fish. Do you take backroads? Of course you do! So tell us about your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I never see posts about hunting or fishing. Is anyone interested? Especially fishing? Where do you hunt or fish. Do you take backroads? Of course you do! So tell us about your experiences.

The wilds of Idaho's high lakes this summer.

Here is a link to a summary report of the trip. More pics continue on into the report.

I'm GhostRunner at ADVRider and my oldest son is WestRider. Fun times. And, yes, we took backroads...and sometimes less.

Mick
    KE7PIT

Been fishing numerous times this year, had good luck at bull prairie, jubilee lake, and olive lake.

No luck turkey hunting this year.

Didn't draw for elk or deer this year.

Have my bear and cougar tags but those just generally a "just in case tag".

Am definately waiting for bird season to start, especially with the new rules they just put into effect. I have a bird hunting refuge right across the road from my house so duck and geese are easy tag fills. Quail and pheasant run right around my house so that's an easy fill also.

Well, I took my father in law from Florida out last friday on the upper Skagit and we caught over 60 pink salmon! Does that count as fishing Jerry? LOLOLOL A good many of those were caught on a Sage 5wt fly rod!
    If you wanna catch any pinks anyone, Give me a shout on PM and Ill hook you up in the next 2-3 weeks. After that they will all be gone till 2009.
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

Ahhhhhhhh good ole ADVRider.....I don't get over there much since I no longer ride......

As for hunting and fishing......you can buy that crap in the store! However, if you want to talk about shooting.......well it my gun budget has really been busted this year. I already spent this years allowed budget as well as 2010, 2011, and 2012!
    N7GS

Mick,
    This is the third time I have read your report and drooled over the pics since you posted, but this is the first time I have commented. The first thought that comes to mind, as before, is...
    AWESOME!

The country is beautiful and man, it looked like fun. I look forward to more whenever you get back to the McCall area. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, Jerry, I'm glad you enjoyed the report...I know we sure enjoyed the three weeks. We've been doing the Stanley area part for almost 20 years now and the McCall part for the last two years and we seem to want to spend more time over there each year.

Joey is talking about retiring in a couple of years so we may spend even more time there. We're both from Idaho so it's pretty easy to make the decision to visit often.

Mick
    KE7PIT

Thread Information