Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck In A Rutt

Bookmark and Share

Default Stuck In A Rutt

Ok, it's that time of year where I'm (and I bet many others) are just dreamin' about getting out exploring this late spring! I've done Tahuya 3 times so far this year, gone as far as possible up Colockum Rd a couple of times, and enjoyed running the SLAB. Heck, I ran out to the pinninsula yesterday just to see if Bon Jon Pass was accessable yet? Nah, not yet! But did almost make it to 3200ft where I snapped this:

So many plans for exploring the summer of 2009 but what about now?? Went into L T Murray a bit 2 weeks ago but being solo it just DID NOT seem like a good idea! With 2 or more vehicles .......... I'm game! Anyone interested in exploring L.T. Murray in the next 1-3 weeks????? Or I'd love to head out to ............ ????

Rick
    Last edited by ricky8587; 04-12-2009 at 19:48.

We can't keep up with you!

By the time I have time to go somewhere, you've already been there

Quote Originally Posted by Albino94ltd View Post
    We can't keep up with you!

By the time I have time to go somewhere, you've already been there
    If I don't keep constantly exploring how on earth do you expect me to ever wear out my all terrains so there would be due cause for bigger mud tires?

Quote Originally Posted by ricky8587 View Post
    If I don't keep constantly exploring how on earth do you expect me to ever wear out my all terrains so there would be due cause for bigger mud tires?
    UH, good point

Ricky, we MIGHT go on a short run up this way. IF I get my trailer and bumper done in time. If so, I'll call or drop you a line and see if your up to joining us. Im trying REALLY hard to be ready for memorial weekend

I KNOW how ya feel! same for both of us here. cabin feaver has set in a longggggggg time ago! .
    Anything you do in the great outdoors, CANT be ALL bad!
    As long as you can do it in the back country!

Quote Originally Posted by backwoods3 View Post
    I KNOW how ya feel! same for both of us here. cabin feaver has set in a longggggggg time ago! .
    I hear you on the Cabin Fever!!!!!! I've been stuck in the house for so long - I'm starting to hear voices.

Hopefully, the truck will be back together next weekend. If it is Rick be for a buddy weekend after next.

~ Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis View Post
    I hear you on the Cabin Fever!!!!!! I've been stuck in the house for so long - I'm starting to hear voices.

Hopefully, the truck will be back together next weekend. If it is Rick be for a buddy weekend after next.

~ Jon
    YOU can count on it!

I just got laid off the beginning of this month so I'm up for some exploring during the week day.

Cheers,

Salue

Default Saturday The 18th

Well since Jon will be busy this weekend washing gear oil out of his hair I think I'll head to the hills above Sequim (north side of Bon Jon Pass).

Being it is in the rain shadow of the Olympics I'm optimistic about getting pretty good altitude. Rain shadow equals snow shadow right?? The views are suppose to be GREAT of the the bay below and Port Angeles in the distance let alone Victoria. Who would not want to travel a back country road called "Jimmy Come Lately"??? Seriously it's a road up above Sequim! Oh heck, I was even thinking about heading into Sequim and grabbing some fresh seafood before heading home!

NO!
    You can't go without me

I need to pack up the trailer. Fort Warden sounds GREAT

Thread Information