Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice for Northern California Coast

Bookmark and Share

Thanks, Dick, will check that out. Actually, I think we will put an emphasis on exploring as much of the "Lost Coast" area as time allows and if that interferes with seeing Hwy 1 so be it. It will still be there later. (Assuming the whole thing doesn't slide into the drink )
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-11-2008 at 08:35.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

One of my future goals is to take the 'lost coast' trail/road? from south of Eureka to Shelter Cove. I remember seeing a 4x4 club site that outlined this route.

Maybe it was this one. Lost Coast 4x4's Web Site

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Man View Post
    One of my future goals is to take the 'lost coast' trail/road? from south of Eureka to Shelter Cove. I remember seeing a 4x4 club site that outlined this route.

Dick
    That might be the one I read about in one publication or another just the other day. They said it wasn't a difficult 4x4 trail, but I got the impression it would be tough for a Ford Escape so we will skip it on our winter trek. Someday it would be fun to take that one and the SE Oregon trail they alluded to in the Lost Coast 4x4 web site with more capable rigs.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

Default Beyond the Pacific Northwest

I looked at hiway 211 south of Ferndale on Google Earth, It appears to be paved all the way back to Hiway 101, but when it comes back across the Coast range it crosses several ridges at 2500 to 3000 foot elevation, looks to be very steep and twisty, not good in the snow, Even South of Ferndale it get up to about 1500 foot elevation. I am going to put it in my plans for next Spring.

Richard
    Last edited by richardattek; 12-12-2008 at 09:06.
    Richard Leek

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Man View Post
    Dick
    Wow, looks like I signed up a few years too late. Lost Coast is my back yard and that's my club.
    Still, I'm here now and rarin' to go...
    Onward thru the Fog,

Thread Information