Thread: Primitive Camping sites in E-Wa

Bookmark and Share

Default Primitive Camping sites in E-Wa

Trying to get on the otherside, but no to far, for some warmer climate camping over Memorial Day weekend. Falling flat on my research for something new so far. We're looking at the Salmon La Sac area, but the Snoqualmie pass area forecast is showing rain, whereas Stevens is showing Sun. I've never camped that way, or explored so have no ideas. We prefer no reservation, no pay, no lots, no facilities etc. Hopefully not much further than Wenatchee.

We were up at Salmon La Sac a couple weeks ago and the raod was still closed with several feet of snow. If it IS open, about 7 miles past the old ranger station is Fortune Creek and some 4x4 roads with wide spots big enough for camping.

You won't be able to get to Galagher Head Lake until Aug or Sept though. This was from a couple years ago; The Return to Wenatchee/Cle Elum (pics) - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts Serious Explorations

Thanks Albino. I never knew the name of it until yesterday, but it looks like the Van Epps part of the Fortune Creek area was where we would normally camp, but like you said, that's out of the picture this year.

We just picked up a book full of campsites, so hopefully we can grab one from there. Considering I've poked around on about 4 forums total looking for spots, and have gotten almost no suggestions, I'm going to make sure I share and make a trip report.

When I went to pick up my van in Spokane I saw a place called Pot Holes SP.
    Im pretty sure it was right by Moses lake .
    Im not sure if its to far or to public, but my homie said it was a good place to run arond off road and lots of little camp spots.

I believe I'm going to be trying the Icicle Creek area outside of Leavenworth. Not too primitive but just not having much luck looking.

Thread Information