USDA Forest Service – Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
Contact: Joe Kastenholz, Chelan Ranger District Resource Assistant, 509-682-4900
Susan C Peterson, Okanogan-Wenatchee NF Central Zone Public Affairs, 509-548-2558
Twitter updates: http://twitter.com/okawennf
Chelan, WA- The Chelan Ranger District announced that all snowmobile trails in the Chelan area are officially open Friday, December 18th, 2009, which is good news for snowmobilers and other winter recreation enthusiasts.
Roads now closed to four-wheel vehicles and open to snowmobiles are:
- Grade Creek Rd (FS Road #8200) and Upper Joe Creek Rd (FS Road #8210), closed beyond Antilon Lake Sno-Park.
- Washington Creek Rd (FS Road #8021) Cooper Mountain Rd (FS Road #8020), and Bergman Gulch are closed above Echo Valley Sno-Park.
- Slide Ridge Rd (FS Road #8410) and Shady Pass Rd (FS Road #5900) closed above 25 Mile Creek Sno-Park.
- Shady Pass Rd (FS# 5900) and Entiat River Rd (County Road # 51) closed above the Entiat River Sno-Park on the Entiat Ranger District.
- The upper portion of the Purtteman Gulch Rd (FS Road # 8010) used for the Echo Ridge trail system is also closed to vehicles.
The Chelan Ranger District reminds you to be prepared for winter conditions, especially since weather conditions change rapidly and dramatically this time of year. Be equipped for snow and icy roads and carry extra supplies for emergencies, and please respect the seasonal road closures as they facilitate safe use of National Forest Roads for all recreationists.
For current winter recreation information, please contact the Chelan Ranger Station at 509-682-4900. All Forest Service offices will close for Christmas at noon, December 24 and reopen Monday, December 28, 2009.